Introducing Nicole Allwood
Letter to parents from Nicole Allwood, the new Participation and Projects officer for children with disabilities with Royal Greenwich
"Hello, my name is Nicole Allwood and I am the new participation and projects officer with Royal Greenwich.
I started the role in the beginning of the year, so I hope that during the next few months I get to meet as many of you as possible.
To give you a little background on me, I have worked in Social care for over 8 years. My roles have included:
- A youth service manager for a charity in the borough of Wandsworth. The service through Short Breaks funding delivered youth clubs, residentials, half term and summer schemes as well as a 1:1 buddy scheme for young people and young adults with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Managing a social opportunities program for isolated adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs in Wandsworth
- Deputising a respite service for adults with learning disabilities
- A Support Broker for Lambeth council.
- Support Worker in a residential home for adults with ASD and behaviour that challenges
As the participation and projects officer I have a very diverse role.
- I will be working alongside various teams and partners both internally and externally to create partnerships and joint working where possible and help to see what gaps there are in current service provision offered and how they could be filled – either by Greenwich, or community services.
- I will be working with children and young people with disabilities and parents/carers to support their voices being heard by partners and stakeholders, to ensure that services provided in the borough are responsive to the needs of the service users.
- I will have a particular role in the development of short breaks and activities - and would like to see young people being able to use more local activities
- In addition I will be working on the development of the Greenwich Local Offer.
Due to my background working in the third sector, (and being an alumni of the BRIT school!) I am able to look at situations from a different angle and think creatively. My work is always dedicated to being person centred and I am committed to co-production and holistic working methods.
I look forward to working with Greenwich Parent Voice and hope to meet you all soon."