New Epilepsy Support Nurse at QEH
Queen Elizabeth Hospital paediatric epilepsy service has a new Nurse, Stacey Ratcliffe, based at the hospital who can provide a contact and support service for children on the clinic caseload. New information leaflets are coming and Stacey will spend the next few weeks making contact with all children under the service at QEH.
Here's an overview of the service provided by Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Trust - children's epilepsy service:
* Dedicated paediatric epilepsy clinical nurse specialist at both University Hospital Lewisham and Queen Elizabeth Hospital sites.
* Nurses are: Neil Williamson at University Hospital Lewisham and Stacey Ratcliff at QEH.
* QEH site is the local services for children and young people with epilepsy in Greenwich and Bexley boroughs.
* UHL site is the local services for children and young people with epilepsy in Lewisham borough.
* Both sites run epilepsy clinics weekly with two consultant paediatricians with a specialist interest in epilepsy and neurology.
* QEH site runs 4 epilepsy clinics per week.
* QEH is exceptionally busy services with an estimated 700 + caseload (average caseload for an epilepsy CNS, should be approximately 250 patients)
* Both sites work closely with community services such as; Children's Community Nursing Teams, Special School Nursing Teams, Community Paediatricians, Social Services, Special Schools, School Nursing, G.P's, Children's hospices.
* Both sites the epilepsy CNS will review patients (when available) in the clinical areas, including neonates, A+E, children's inpatient ward, ambulatory care unit.
* Both sites work closely with Kings College Hospital and Evelina Children Hospital.
* Both site run a regional outreach clinic with a visiting paediatric neurologist from ECH (for patients who require specific treatment which meets the national criteria)
Contact info for Stacey Ratcliffe
Roald Dahl Paediatric Epilepsy Clinical Nurse Specialist
Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust
Queen Elizabeth Hospital site
Working days: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
(In clinic Monday-Thursday 9am -1.30pm)
Tel: 0208 836 5283